The Ocean Cleanup’s NeXt Phase Event
On 11 May 2017, The NeXt Phase Event was held in the Werkspoor Cathedral in Utrecht for a few thousand guests via a global livestream, at which event the founder Boyan Slat presented all the latest developments regarding The Ocean Cleanup project and announced that the first system would be installed in 2018. BIND had joint creative responsibility with Jurlights for this event. Boyan’s presentation was supported by spectacular visual and physical elements, and boasted a finale in which the four 12-metre high anchors, mainstays of The Ocean Cleanup’s new system, were unveiled. After the show, a specially created exhibition was opened at which The Ocean Cleanup team were on hand to inform all the guests about the various aspects of the project. There was also a foodtruck section for the guests, where sustainable meals and beverages could be eaten and drunk.
- Winner Best Non-Prodit Event | Best Event Awards World 2017
- Nominatie Best Agency | Eventex 2018
- Nominatie Best Campaign Event | Eventex 2018
- Nominatie Best CSR Event | Eventex 2018
- Nominatie Best Experiential Event | Eventex 2018
- Nominatie beste Congres | Gouden Giraffe 2018